Honey Garlic Chicken
Sticky and sweet, these bite sized chicken morsels are best served on a bed of rice for a quick and easy meal.
Salt and pepper
1/4 cup / 60g flour
50 g / 3.5 tbsp unsalted butter (or 2 1/2 tbsp olive oil)
2 garlic cloves , minced
1 1/2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1/3 cup / 90g honey
- Sprinkle each side with salt and pepper.
- Place flour in a shallow dish add a sprinkle of salt and pepper and coat chicken in flour and shake off excess.
- Melt most of the butter in a large pan over high heat - hold back about 1 tsp for later.
- Place chicken in pan and cook for around 5 minutes until golden.
- Turn heat down slightly to medium high.
- Make a bit of room in the pan and add garlic and top with remaining dab of butter. Stir garlic briefly once butter melts.
- Add vinegar, soy sauce and honey. Stir / shake pan to combine. Bring sauce to simmer, then simmer for 1 minute or until slightly thickened.
- Turn chicken to coat in sauce. If the sauce gets too thick, add a touch of water and stir.
- Remove from stove immediately. Place chicken on plates and drizzle over remaining sauce.
- Serve with rice or cauliflower rice.