Mushroom & Bacon Risotto
A flavoursome and simple risotto that works just as well for a family meal as it does for a special occasion meal.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 8 rashers of Ziggys Short Cut Bacon, diced
- 250g button mushrooms, sliced
- 300g risotta rice
- 1L chicken stock
- Grated Parmesan cheese to serve
- In a large frying pan, heat the oil and cook the onion and bacon for 5 minutes until softened.
- Stir in the rice, then add the stock, a cup at a time - stir gently while waiting for each cup of stock to be absorbed by the rice before adding the next. Continue this until all the stock has been added and absorbed, which will take about 20 minutes.
- Once the rice is cooked, season with salt and pepper and serve with grated parmesan.