Crunchy, flavoursome popcorn chicken, a delicious snack at lunchtime or a great finger-food when entertaining.
- 250g Marion Bay Free Range Chicken Breast Chunks
- 2 tbsp corn flour
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- oil for deep frying
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 3/4 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garam masala
- In a bowl, mix the seasoning together, then add the chicken and mix to coat the chicken. Sprinkle in the cornflour and combine to coat the chicken pieces well.
- In a small bowl, add the egg white and then place the breadcrumbs into a separate small bowl, placing the two bowls next to each other.
- Take one piece of chicken and dip completely into the egg white, then dip into the breadcrumbs to coat. Place the coated chicken piece on a place. Repeat until all the chicken pieces are coated.
- Double coat the chicken pieces for extra crunch.
- Allow chicken pieces to rest for 10 minutes before cooking.
- Add oil to a saucepan and place over medium heat.
- When the oil is hot, drop a small piece of bread crumb in. If it rises without browning too much, the oil is at the correct temperature (180C).
- In batches, gently slide the pieces one at a time into the oil. Without stirring, allow the pieces to cook for about 1 minute before stirring. After 1 minute, gently stir the chicken pieces, to allow the pieces to fry evenly until golden. This will take about another minutes.
- Remove the cooked chicken pieces with a slotted spoon and place on paper towel to drain.
- Serve hot with your favourite dipping sauce.