Pork and Sauerkraut Pot Roast
An easy meal with big flavour, this pairs well with mashed potatoes and steamed greens. This meal is often enjoyed on New Years Day across Europe for good luck.
- 1 x Pork Scotch Whole
- Olive oil
- 900g Sauerkraut
- 500g Polish Smoked Sausages
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp caraway seeds
- Splash some olive oil in the base of a large pot and place over high heat.
- Add the roast to the pot and brown lightly on all sides.
- Add the sauerkraut, including the brine from the jar.
- Add the Polish Smoked Sausages to the pot, then sprinkle in the brown sugar and caraway seeds.
- Add enough water to just cover the entire roast and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a low simmer, cover, and cook for 3-4 hours or until the pork is easily pulled apart with a fork.
- Serve with mashed potatoes and steamed greens.