Slow Cooker Beef Stew
Perfect for the colder weather or when requiring a little TLC, this hearty stew is so easy to make and delicious to eat.
- 1.5kg chuck steak, diced into large dice
- 3 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 4 cups beef stock, salt reduced
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 3 large cups chopped carrots
- 4 medium cubed potatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- Spray slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Add all ingredients except the for peas and stir.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Remove bay leaf.
- Add peas to stew 10 minutes before serving for firmer peas. For less firm peas, add the peas 20-30 minutes before.
- For thicker stew, combine 4 Tablespoons water with 2 Tablespoons cornflour in a small bowl and stir into the stew 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve hot in a bowl with a side of your favourite crusty bread