Thai Green Pork Salad with Green Mango
Adapted from the original fast recipe by the Australian Gourmet Traveler.
- 4 Pork Scotch Fillets Steaks
- 1 cup mint, loosely packed
- 1 cup coriander, loosely packed
- 1 cup Thai basil, loosely packed
- 2 green mangoes, finely shredded
- 3 spring onions
- 3 red shallots, shredded
- 3 kaffir lime leaves, shredded
- Juice of 2 1/2 limes
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp ground chili
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, peeled and sliced into large batons
- 2 coriander roots, scraped
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped coriander
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 lemongrass stalk (white part only), finely chopped
- 2 tbsp light palm sugar, coarsely crushed
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- Combine coriander marinade, combine ingredients in a food processor and process to a smooth paste.
- Place pork in a non-reactive container, pour marinade over it, turn to coat and leave to marinate for 10 minutes.
- Heat a barbecue or char-grill pan to medium high heat.
- Drain the pork, then grill until cooked through (approx 3-4 minutes on each side). Leave to rest for 5 minutes, then thinly slice.
- Meanwhile, toss herbs, mango, spring onion, shallot, lime leaves, lime juice, fish sauce and chili in a bowl to combine and adjust seasoning to taste. Add pork neck and cucumber and serve into individual bowls.
- Serves 4-6 people.